We have just spiralled head-first into the future. I'm talking Back to the Future Part II (2015) [1.21 gigawatts!!], Blade Runner (2019), Total Recall (2084), and even 12 Monkeys. Well, not 12 Monkeys because that takes place in a much less tech-savvy future that looks too much like the present day. So let's go with...Minority Report. Yep, that works better, and that takes place in 2054 which should be a good year.
So where was I?
Oh right: I am completely freaked out.
Interactive Productline has invented a game where people are on opposite ends of a court, and each end of the court has a goal. The purpose of the game is to roll the ball into the opponent's goal, think foosball without the spinning poles. Only here's the kicker:
You roll the ball using your mind.
There is no way you have misinterpretted what I have just written. There's no trick and no catch:
Mindball® is an experience product, a game where two players control a ball with their brain waves. The player being most relaxed wins the game. The brain waves are detected by sensors attached to the headbands...
It is beyond me why this game hasn't received more press. But this is a clear sign that 2006 will inevitably bring with it flying cars, meals in a pill, and a harvesting field full of unconscious embryos linked to a collective virtual reality controlled by machines.
Right?

No comments:
Post a Comment